Saturday, May 4, 2013

Two weeks In

Hello all,

Does anyone have any idea of how they do this?? 
A little more happening this week, although I don't know what I was expecting. What, just rock up to UNESCO and start out by doing high tech education data analysis? Cause boom, that's what happened y'all. Due to a workshop we are conducting at the end of the month, which sees national advisers and such coming to learn about education policy formulation, my boss, GC (North Korean, very friendly, saucy jokes) wants to pass on the knowledge of the UNESCO developed Educational Profile System Simulation Model (EPSSim) which is basically an Excel data set that has its own algorithms and categories set up inside, everything from population growth, to GDP figures to education expenditure. You plug in the numbers and then interpret the data. It was the best thing ever (dont judge) and I am sure my Statistics Professor, Ron Heck would have been super proud as I took to it like a duck to water (or feel like I did). I also started to sketch up some new designs for the ESP website and we will start looking at implementing some of the changes once we have the tech guys with us.
On the way to work in the morning.

As to outside of work, sorry guys, no entertaining stories yet. I am still in the process of finishing my school work from UH and have even dedicated my lunch times to getting the last 2 pieces of the semester done. A final statistics test on Friday the 10th marks the end of school. So I am planning on getting a 2 hr massage from a swanky massage bar (thank you groupon) and finally taking in some culture on the Saturday after!
Actually , scratch that, I have done something!, I joined a yoga studio that is on the way to work and I have an ambitious plan to go every morning before work (I know, I know)., but so far its happened three out of five. So, I think I am on a good roll.
Til next week guys,
p.s.
Shout out to my husband who has worked a 90 hour week and never complains (he might be a robot, or he would probably want me calling him a machine).

No comments:

Post a Comment